Are you worried that your site will get hacked or overtaken by questionable characters?
WordPress powers 14.7% of the top 100 websites in the world because of its popularity has become a target for spammers and hackers.
You want to protect your investment in both WordPress and your site, so it's critical that you block these hackers and lock down your site for peace of mind.
There are many plugins out there that will do this job for you but choosing the right one is a decision most don't want to have to make. That's why I'm introducing you to my favorite security plugin Shield Security (WordPress Simple Firewall) from One Dollar Plugin. Don't let the name through you off because this super slick plugin is brought to you by the same behind iContolWP.
Shield is the easiest security plugin to set up with a step-by-step wizard that walks you through the configuration. And it gives you a dashboard that tells you the things you need to address.
And there are no false positives that other security plugins tend to report, which for someone who doesn't work intimately with WordPress can send you into a panic.
Securing Your Website Has Never Been Easier
Here are some of the protection that Shield provides:
- Beautiful, Easy-To-Use Guided Wizards – help you configure Shield and run scans like a Pro
- Limit Login Attempts / Block Automatic Brute-Force Bots – all automatically
- Powerful Core File Scanners – automatically detects malicious file changes and hacks you’d never see
- Automatic IP Black List – no need for you to manage IPs!
- 2-Factor Authentication – including Google Authenticator and Email
- Block 100% Automated Comments SPAM
- Audit Trail & User Activity Logging
- Security Admin Users
- Automatic Updates Control
- and much, much more
When it comes to securing your website install Shield (free or pro), set up the sections and site back worry free as the magic of website protection happens, and you don't have to lift another finger while Shield does all the work for you.
Using the free version is an easy way to start with no additional money spent, but we recommend the Pro for a small investment of $12/year (we add this for you in all our maintenance packages). The Pro version gives you added protection especially if you're looking for protection for your WooCommerce customers (incl. Easy Digital Downloads & BuddyPress).